Monday, March 22, 2010

Catching up

I've decided I'm just not that good at blogging right now. Life has been busy, and I was pretty sick for a while and I just haven't been crafting all that much. It's past due time to catch up a little though.

I made this cupcake ribbon blanket for a special little girl in my life right now. It makes me so happy every time I see her snuggle up with it. I used a soft, fluffy fabric I have never used before on the back instead of minky, and I have to say I really like it.



My grandma saw a purse she really liked in a catalog, but it was much bigger than she wanted it. She asked if I could replicate it in the size she wanted using a "springy" fabric. This is what I came up with. I also made a matching checkbook cover and coin purse with the left over fabric. I shipped it to her last week and was glad to hear she absolutely loved it.


I have always wanted to try using either laminated fabric or fusible vinyl, so when I saw this tutorial by Homemade By Jill for a changing pad I decided to give it a try. It has cotton with fusible vinyl on the inside and corduroy on the outside. It folds up and velcros closed and I added my own pocket on it to hold diapers and wipes.




I've been working on a couple more projects as well but they still need some finishing touches before I take pictures. One of them is an easter project, so I am hoping to find the time and motivation to finish them in time!

2 comments:

  1. Wow you have some serious sewing skillzzz! WHere did you get that adorable cupcake fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thanks so much!! I got the cupcake fabric at Joann's in the flannel section. Love it!

    ReplyDelete