Saturday, January 23, 2010

Life Happens

So I've been a horrible blogger lately. And my blog is boring. It happens right? I've been taking on a gigantic project of decrapifying, (thanks Sarah) decluttering, cleaning and reorganizing. I'm a keeper, I don't like to get rid of stuff, but lately I've been feeling like I'm suffocating. I have too much stuff and too little space. I've surprised even myself though and done a really good job of getting rid of things I just don't need. Since it's hard for me to do this, once I get in the mood I'm afraid to stop, thus I've had some 3 am bedtimes lately. I sill have a lot more to do, but I already feel less stressed.

Because I've been busy with that projct I haven't done a whole lot of sewing lately. Here are a couple projects I worked on recently.

First, I made this shopping bag. It's hard to tell from the picture, but it's the same size and shape as a Target bag.



The best part? It folds up into itself and becomes this little pouch that I can throw in my car or purse. I got the idea here.


My mom bought this fabric several months ago and asked me to make her 8 pillows with piping. Quite frankly I was pretty threatened by the extremely stretchy, slippery stuff and it took me forever to actually start the project. They aren't my favorite, and I hope no one looks at them too closely, but I guess they look ok in pictures, haha.



I also finally cut into my fabric for my quilt and now I can't wait to get sewing on that! I haven't even finished my first quilt and I already have a stash going and ideas for the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. Guess that's what I get for not believing people when they told me quilting was addicting.

I'm in the process of posting about 20 new collar designs in my shop, so check back for that soon!

2 comments:

  1. You have to teach me how to do that bag, Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete